20081229

pet ownership

If I walk my dog right now does it make me a better owner? She seems content enough for me to throw this hybrid rope-bone/chewtoy thing at the wall, for me to play short-distance fetch with her for thirty minutes while mine eyes leave not the laptop screen. Still, I have to understand the boredom and sadness when I notice it in her eyes, be she a dog or be she not a dog. She is a dog and a dog is a fairly intelligent creature requiring more of a person than him who only throws hybrid rope-bone/chewtoys against walls expecting happy, speedy methods of retrieval. Sometimes the hybrid rope-bone/chewtoy gets stuck between the heater and the wall, in which case the game is over until I answer her cries by getting up to dig the hybrid rope-bone/chewtoy out with my non-hybrid/human hand. She was once too scared to walk in this area whilst the heater was heating up the room. Now she is okay. If I walk my dog now it will be both because I am a paranoid person and because I need exercise anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment